Welcome to the bikepacking routes and gravel track selection off the beaten track!
Are you looking for a proven bikepacking route? Choose a route below, get right on your bike and enjoy nature and adventure around the campfire.
Many of the routes linked below offer a GPX file for download. You can download them, transfer them to your navigation system or smartphone and start driving immediately. Want to modify an existing route or create your own? Nothing could be easier: You can prepare your Mico-Adventure on the computer and check the food supply points, supermarkets or available accommodations. You still need tips for route planning? Then take a look here.
Here you will find a collection of bikepacking routes that will make every adventurer’s heart beat faster:
Bikepacking Routes Worldwide
- Bikepacking routes from Bikepacking.com
- European Bikepacking Routes by Gypsybytrade
- Baja Divide – A Bikepacking Route through a Desert on the Lower California Peninsula in Mexico
Exciting Bikepacking Routes in Germany
- Cherusker 500: 500km long bikepacking event in Germany (link incl. route).
- Black Forest Bike Crossing: 450km long, very challenging route with many meters of altitude through the Black Forest.
- High Roaner: 175 km
- Race climb: 170 km
Bikepacking tours and tour reports
- Schrofenpass MTB highlight in the Alps: The tour starts at Lake Constance, leads through the Alps and then over the legendary Schrofenpass. Please be sure to follow the safety instructions and watch the video! The route is only for bikepacking experts 😉
- Bikepacking Transalp from Austria to Italy (High Alpine): In this tour the entire Ötztal valley is crossed. Afterwards, the route goes up to 2800 metres and over the Ötztal Alps to South Tyrol. A spectacular tour for professionals.
Bikepacking events in Germany or with start in Germany
- Grenzsteintrophy: approx. 1250 km long bikepacking event with 18,000 meters of altitude. Here you follow to large parts the former German-German border and about equal parts on asphalt, perforated plates and forest and forest roads.
- Bikepacking Trans Germany: A 1652 km self-supported mountain bike race with from Basel to Kap Arkona on Rügen with about 20 000 meters of altitude.
- Candy B Graveler: A 640 km self-catering bikepacking adventure ride from the Airlift Monument at Frankfurt Airport to Berlin, Tempelhof. The Candy B Graveler was created by Gunnar Fehlau, who also created the Grenzsteintrophy and is the author of the book Bike and Out: Everything for microadventure and bikepacking*..
- Transost-Challange: 3000 km long bikepacking race with start in Germany and finish at the Black Sea.
- Hanse Gravel
- Mainfranken Graveler
- Taunus Bikepacking
- Bikepacking Franconia
- Eifel Graveler
- Harz scooter 2019
Bikepacking races and events around the world
- Tuscany Trail: The TT is an annual bikepacking adventure held in Italy. The route has a length of about 550km and is slightly changed every year. Ideally on a mountain bike, you will fight your way over mountains, along mountain bike trails and sometimes gravel roads or asphalt roads have to be mastered. The route will take you across Tuscany and also through such beautiful cities as Florence and Siena.
Read my Tuscany Trail experience report here – I’ve ridden the Tuscany Trail twice so far and highly recommend the bikepacking event.
- Atlas Mountain Race: Self-supported bikepacking race through Morocco. The race goes about 1145 kilometers and runs mostly on MTB trails. Highlights are the crossing of the High Atlas and the Anti Atlas.
Find out here much worth knowing about the Atlas Mountain Race.
- Transcontinental: Ultra Endurance legend Mike Hall created this race in 2013. Since then, it has been considered one of the toughest ultra-endurance bike races for self-supporters. The route is about 4000km long and goes from one end of Europe to the other.